|Primary Mode||Burst Fire|
|Secondary Mode||Threat Detector|
|Damage (per Hit)||High|
|Ideal Range||Medium - Long|
|Rate of Fire||950 RPM|
|Ammo Type||Rifle Rounds|
|Magazine Capacity||25 Rounds|
|Maximum Ammo||400 Rounds|
|Appears in||Perfect Dark|
It seems the technology that the Skedar gave to the corporation was used in the weapon's creation. A prototype of the K7 is found in dataDyne's underground laboratory mission. Later, the weapon would be used by all NSA guards as well as dataDyne troops, the latter most notably on the Crash Site and Carrington Institute Defense levels. Also, like mines, it has the Threat Detector as a Secondary Function. Interestingly, the muzzle flash disappears when this mode is activated; it is not clear if this is a glitch, or whether it is intentionally removed to stop the significant flare concealing any threats that may be highlighted on screen.
The K7 Avenger suffers from having a 25-round magazine which can be depleted within seconds due to the weapon's very fast rate of fire, making reloads a frequent annoyance that can be potentially fatal in a heavy firefight. However, the K7 Avenger is shockingly powerful and can take out most enemies with only a few shots.
The downside to the K7 Avenger is that it is utterly devastating if you are on the receiving end, as one well-placed burst can kill you immediately on most difficulties.
- DataDyne Research: Investigation - One DataDyne Shock Trooper testfires one at a firing range, and the weapon needs to be picked up on Perfect Agent difficulty as part of the "Obtain experimental technologies" objective.
- Air Base: Espionage - Used by the NSA bodyguards.
- Air Force One: Antiterrorism - Used by the NSA bodyguards and two Mr. Blonde guards.
- Crash Site: Confrontation - Used by the NSA bodyguards, DataDyne Infantry guards and the Mr. Blonde guards in the cave.
- Deep Sea: Nullify Threat - Used by two Mr. Blonde guards in Dr. Caroll's room. They will not appear on Agent difficulty.
- Carrington Institute: Defense - Used by all dataDyne Shock Troopers.
This is also the weapon of choice for the Hit and Run Co-Op buddy.
- In the XBLA re-release of Perfect Dark, the K7 Avenger's name is printed on the carrying handle of the weapon.
|Perfect Dark - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • Falcon 2 • MagSec 4 • Mauler • Phoenix • DY357 Magnum • DY357-LX • CMP-150 • Cyclone •|
Callisto NTG • RC-P120 • Laptop Gun • Dragon • K7 Avenger • AR34 • SuperDragon • Shotgun • Reaper •
Sniper Rifle • FarSight XR-20 • Devastator • Rocket Launcher • Slayer • Combat Knife • Crossbow • Tranquilizer • Laser • Grenade • Timed Mine • Proximity Mine • Remote Mine • N-Bomb • Psychosis Gun
|Classic Weapons||PP9i • CC13 • KL01313 • KF7 Special • ZZT (9mm) • DMC • AR53 • RC-P45|
|Gadgets|| Shield • Data Uplink • ECM Mine • CamSpy • Night Vision • R-Tracker • Tracer Bug • Reprogrammer • BombSpy • Cloaking Device • Door Decoder • Comms Rider • Explosives • X-Ray Scanner • Disguise • Alien Medpack •|
DrugSpy • Horizon Scanner • Suitcase • President Scanner • R-Tracker • IR Scanner • Target Amplifier •
Skedar Bomb • Combat Boost • Suicide Pill