|Primary Mode||Rapid Fire|
|Secondary Mode||Proximity Self-Destruct|
|Damage (per Hit)||Medium|
|Accuracy||Medium - High|
|Ideal Range||Medium - Long|
|Rate of Fire||700 RPM|
|Ammo Type||Rifle Rounds|
|Magazine Capacity||30 Rounds|
|Maximum Ammo||400 Rounds|
|Appears in||Perfect Dark|
A basic assault rifle that has an proximity mine feature under its barrel.
The Dragon is an assault rifle with 30 rounds. Its fire rate is moderate, and has good accuracy and medium amount of damage. Though strong, only five levels have it, making it a rather rare find.
Its secondary fire provides a Proximity Mine feature to set a booby trap - meaning that if a player tries to get one (or step over one), the rifle explodes and can damage its user and teammates too.
The Dragon assault rifle can quickly kill an enemy with sustained fire. It is accurate and is useful for all ranges.
The secondary function can be used to trick a player into picking up the booby trapped Dragon as a weapon or for ammo. When a player gets close enough to the Dragon trap, the weapon creates a grenade-sized explosion which may kill players caught in its proximity.
A hapless PeaceSim cannot distinguish a booby-trapped Dragon from a regular Dragon dropped by a dead or disarmed player.
The Dragon has an average magazine size of 30 rounds that empties quickly with its fire rate. It is recommended to burst fire instead of emptying the magazine on full auto.
When thrown down to the ground as a proximity self-destruct trap, the Dragon will not distinguish itself between friend and foe. It can kill the player and teammates, and the player will receive a penalty for killing their teammates. Even then, it can be detected by the threat detector function of the K7 Avenger, Timed Mine and the Proximity Mine.
- DataDyne Research: Investigation - Used by the dataDyne soldiers later in the level.
- DataDyne Central: Extraction - Inside the hidden room inside Cassandra's office. You need the office keycard and an explosive weapon to get to it.
- Area 51: Infiltration - Used by the guards wearing blue overalls.
- Area 51: Rescue - Used by the guards wearing blue overalls. Area 51 Guards will also spawn with these when you are trying to scan the body of a Maian, and will continue to do so until the objective is completed.
- Air Base: Espionage - Used by the Alaskan guards.
- In the original BETA trailer, Joanna is seen using the Dragon at the beginning of DataDyne Central: Defection. It also appeared to have the Farsight's scope.
|Perfect Dark - Weapons and Gadgets|
|Weapons|| Unarmed • Falcon 2 • MagSec 4 • Mauler • Phoenix • DY357 Magnum • DY357-LX • CMP-150 • Cyclone •|
Callisto NTG • RC-P120 • Laptop Gun • Dragon • K7 Avenger • AR34 • SuperDragon • Shotgun • Reaper •
Sniper Rifle • FarSight XR-20 • Devastator • Rocket Launcher • Slayer • Combat Knife • Crossbow • Tranquilizer • Laser • Grenade • Timed Mine • Proximity Mine • Remote Mine • N-Bomb • Psychosis Gun
|Classic Weapons||PP9i • CC13 • KL01313 • KF7 Special • ZZT (9mm) • DMC • AR53 • RC-P45|
|Gadgets|| Shield • Data Uplink • ECM Mine • CamSpy • Night Vision • R-Tracker • Tracer Bug • Reprogrammer • BombSpy • Cloaking Device • Door Decoder • Comms Rider • Explosives • X-Ray Scanner • Disguise • Alien Medpack •|
DrugSpy • Horizon Scanner • Suitcase • President Scanner • R-Tracker • IR Scanner • Target Amplifier •
Skedar Bomb • Combat Boost • Suicide Pill