Daniel Carrington is being held hostage at his private villa. A message from Cassandra De Vries has laid out the terms: Daniel's life for the return of the AI known as Dr. Caroll. What dataDyne doesn't know is that the AI was at the villa when they struck. Our guess is that Daniel concealed it safely before they found him.
Objective One: Save the negotiator [A, SA]
A member of the Institute's staff has volunteered to be used as a distraction to help you get in. She will almost certainly be shot by dataDyne soldiers unless you take out those soldiers quickly. Hit the ground moving. (This objective is not on the Perfect Agent difficulty level)
Objective Two: Eliminate rooftop snipers [SA, PA]
As soon as we got the ransom demand we did a recon overflight of the villa. An examination of the data revealed that there are several snipers on the rooftops - if you are to move around safely, you'll have to take them out.
Objective Three: Activate Wind Generator [A, SA, PA]
The wind generator and power storage device are not active - we suspect Daniel shut them down to deny the dataDyne hit squad access to the villa's systems. Once the power is restored, the door to the villa's lower basement will be open to you.
Objective Four: Locate and Stop dataDyne Hackers [PA]
There have been sporadic attempts in the past from dataDyne hackers trying to gain entry to dataDyne files. Their job would be much easier if they tried anything inside the villa, due to the direct link between there and the Institute. If such an attempt is made, you will need to respond swiftly. Make sure that the terminals are not damaged, as they contain data that is vital to the Institute.
Objective Five: Capture Enemy Guard [PA]
Capturing a member of the dataDyne assault team will give us an idea of what their real goals are. Remember not to kill them - knock them unconscious if you can, as this will ensure against them escaping.
Objective Six: Rescue Carrington [A, SA, PA]
Only Daniel knows the exact whereabouts of Dr. Caroll. Sooner or later dataDyne will figure this out and get to work on Daniel to make him tell them what they want to know. Once they know where the AI is, Daniel's life is forfeit.
Credit to Eford107. Written on May 10, 2014.
Sniper Rifle: Equipped by Joanna from the start (only on Agent/Special Agent), needed to save the negotiator and eliminate Rooftop snipers, who obviously carry these too. There's also one in a bathroom within the villa.
CMP-150: All floor guards have these.
X2 CMP-150: Obtained by killing the sniper standing on a pillar within 35 seconds of the mission. He will shout out "My gun!" if done correctly.
Falcon 2: A guard may equip this if disarmed.
Laptop Gun: Used by Joanna from the start, only on Perfect Agent.
Devastator: Found inside a crate at helipad.
R-Tracker: Equipped by Joanna from the beginning. It's used to locate the hackers which appear on Perfect Agent.
Down below in the cellars just before the room in which Carrington is being held, the cheese is up on top of one of the shelves. In the first room there are two shelves, continue past them into the narrow hallway. Walk past the shelf in the corner and then look up at the second one. You will just be able to see the edge of the cheese at the top. If you have the FarSight or X-Ray Scan you can easily make out the shape of it.
Way of the Assasin
- REQUIREMENTS: Kill five enemies with headshots using the hidden Sniper Rifle without zooming in on Perfect Agent difficulty
- The Sniper Rifle can be found in the Villa's bathroom on the second floor, next to a dead CI guard. You can't miss the bathroom as you will ascend and descend the stairs several times throughout the mission, with the bathroom being right next to the stairs leading up to the first floor. Turning off auto-aim is not necessary, however it can make earning this Crown much easier. After you find the Rifle, simply no-scope headshot five enemies, which is relatively easy to do depending on your skill level.
- REQUIREMENTS: Beat the mission on any difficulty
- This cheat will allow Joanna to begin any mission with a Sniper Rifle in her inventory.
- REQUIREMENTS: Beat the mission in under 2:30 on Special Agent difficulty
- In Co-Op for Solo Missions, Hit and Run will be an AI buddy (Like Velvet Dark) who is a Mr. Blonde using a K7 Avenger.
- In the cellar, if Joanna shoots all the wine bottles, Carrington can be heard saying "Act your age, Joanna". In the N64 version, this is just a funny message, but it will unlock an achievement in the XBLA port.
- There is a way to get inside the room in which Carrington is held without ending the mission. Simply open either set of doors from as far back as you can and run through while pressing B to close them behind you. You can do whatever you want in here without failing, such as shooting Carrington. To end the mission, open the doors again.
- If a cheat is used to obtain a weapon with a threat detector (K7 Avenger, Proximity Mine, etc.) it will show the windmill as an autogun, this is possibly due to the rotation of the autogun being reused for the rotor of the windmill.
- If the cheat Marquis of Queensburry Rules is enabled, and the stage is played on Agent or Special Agent, the Datadyne guards in front of the negotiator won't attack and just stand in front of her. Also, they do not react to you, meaning you're safe from being hurt.
|Perfect Dark - Missions|
|Mission 1||DataDyne Central: Defection • DataDyne Research: Investigation • DataDyne Central: Extraction|
|Mission 2||Carrington Villa: Hostage One|
|Mission 3||Chicago: Stealth • G5 Building: Reconnaissance|
|Mission 4||Area 51: Infiltration • Area 51: Rescue • Area 51: Escape|
|Mission 5||Air Base: Espionage • Air Force One: Antiterrorism • Crash Site: Confrontation|
|Mission 6||Pelagic II: Exploration • Deep Sea: Nullify Threat|
|Mission 7||Carrington Institute: Defense|
|Mission 8||Attack Ship: Covert Assault|
|Mission 9||Skedar Ruins: Battle Shrine|
|Special Assignments||Mr. Blonde's Revenge • Maian SOS • WAR! • The Duel|